This website is run by Glasgow Life (Culture and Sport Glasgow (Trading) CIC). We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is:
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some links may be ambiguous and do not have accessible text.
- Headings have been skipped on some pages.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format:
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
- email – email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) (opens in a new tab).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Glasgow Life is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations:
- Links are present which are missing accessible text. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.4 (Link Purpose (In context)) and 4.1.2 (Name, Role, Value)
- There are skipped headings. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (Info and relationships), 2.4.1 (Bypass Blocks) and 2.4.6 (Headings and Labels)
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Some pre-recorded videos don’t have an audio captioning or description, so the information in them isn’t available to people who cannot see or the hear the video content. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.2.2 (Captions (Prerecorded)), 1.2.3 (Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded)), 1.2.5 (Audio Description (Prerecorded)).
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix pre-recorded videos published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
When we publish new content, we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are committed to ensuring that we make theworlds.com as accessible and as usable as possible and will review this site regularly to check for issues. We are always open to suggestions, additions or the reporting of accessibility problems. Users can use the contact details supplied above.
- We are working to improve accessibility on the site and will review the site content in March 2022.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This website was initially tested on 18/05/2020. The test was carried out by Storm ID.
The audit included a full evaluation the site against the WCAG level AA accessibility guidelines version 2.1, producing a report highlighting all issues and recommendations to rectify any issues.
Website evaluation included review of the following sections and templates:
- Landing page template
- Live stream
- News list page
- News item page
- Search and search results
- Error page
Fixes were made to the website to improve the overall accessibility and this statement was revised in accordance with the application of the fixes.
Following the test carried out on 18/05/2020 fixes were made to the website to improve the overall accessibility. This statement was revised to reflect these fixes.
We tested: our main website platform, available at theworlds.co.uk. This statement was prepared on 23rd September 2020. It was last updated on 1st February 2021.